The need for comprehensive care management is more essential than ever as health care becomes increasingly complex and families are living farther apart.
Angela founded LiveWell Elder Care Management to assist older adults and their families navigate this often confusing and overwhelming time.
Our mission is to provide a caring, dependable, skilled, and personalized service enabling each elder and their caregivers to LiveWell now and into the future.
We welcome the opportunity to help you and your loved one! Contact us for a complementary consultation today.
Angela Ashton, Our Founder
Angela has over 25 years of experience as an Occupational Therapist and Care Manager working with the aging population in a variety of settings including Acute Care, Rehabilitation, Skilled Nursing, Assisted Living and Home Health Care.
Angela has a Bachelor of Science Honors in Occupational Therapy and is a Certified Case Manager. She has achieved Advanced Professional status with the Aging Life Care Association.
Angela is recognized as a caring and competent clinician. She quickly develops a warm rapport with her clients and effectively evaluates their needs and goals. Angela has extensive knowledge about the costs, quality, and availability of community resources and is a strong and effective advocate.
Angela lives in Lunenburg, Massachusetts with her husband, two daughters and dog Willow.
Return to top
What is an Aging Life Care™ Manager?
An Aging Life Care Manager is dedicated to helping clients age well while also supporting quality of life for family members. This phase of a family’s journey together is often complicated. There is more to do than there is time. Relatives may live far away. Relations can become strained.
Our professional training and knowledge of best practices can ease the journey.
Every family is unique. As Aging Life Care Managers, we apply our insights and skills in 8 key areas to provide you with a positive care plan tailored to your family’s individual needs and strengths.
We offer expertise regarding:
- Health and disability: Through assessments and experience, we can help you understand what your loved one does well, and in what areas he or she could use additional help.
- Finances: A review of the current monetary situation will result in a plan to make resources stretch as efficiently as possibly while maintaining the desired level of comfort, dignity and safety.
- Housing: Based on the assessments, recommendations can be made for optimal living situations now, with a view to likely changes in the foreseeable future.
- Family: Sibling disagreements and old family history often make the aging journey difficult. Our training provides for skilled facilitation of family meetings and creation of a plan that takes everyone’s needs into account.
- Local Resources: There are programs available to help, but it’s difficult to know which one is the most appropriate for your situation. Save time and money by letting us objectively evaluate the situation and connect you to the resources best suited to your needs.
- Advocacy: Our comprehensive knowledge of the disjointed health care system allows us to monitor quality and lobby for the care and treatment your family wants.
- Legal: Let us help you identify issues and get key paperwork in order.
- Crisis Intervention: The unexpected is simply a fact of life in aging. We are experienced with elder emergencies and are ready to jump in at a moment’s notice.
LiveWell Elder Care Management is in the business of helping aging adults and their families to live well throughout the aging process. Give us a call at 978-660-7835 to discuss the many ways we can help you.
Return to top
How we are different
What makes an Aging Life Care Manager stand apart from the others is the commitment to stay focused on the needs of the client and family. Others may offer services for less, but what you receive cannot help but be influenced by the payment structure.
Hospital- or insurance-based case managers are employees of the health care system. They are good professionals. Their focus, however, is to address the issues of patients within the institution and to make efficient use of services for their organization.
We are based in the community and work with aging adults wherever they live. We provide continuity of care across all settings. We include the family and focus on improving quality of life for the older adult and their grown children.
Senior advisors are paid referral fees to suggest elder care facilities. As a general rule, they have a more limited sphere of knowledge and do not hold a professional degree needed to give them expertise in the 8 key areas of elder care. Only those facilities willing to pay a finder’s fee will be included in their list of suggestions. There may be a more appropriate option, but it will not be mentioned if the facility does not pay for referrals.
Because we are paid directly by you, we are independent and objective. Our focus is 100% on the needs of your family and your aging loved ones. We apply our considerable skill and years of training to your unique situation.
When the issue is safety and quality of life, you deserve the best!
Return to top
We pride ourselves in our commitment to stay abreast of the ever-changing landscape of senior services and aging research. To this end, our Aging Life Care Managers are members of the following professional organizations:
Return to top